Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden appointed Tory co-chairman but loses secretary role
- Credit: STEFAN ROUSSEAU/PA
Former Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Secretary Oliver Dowden has been appointed as co-chairman of the Conservative Party.
Mid Bedfordshire MP Nadine Dorries will be replacing the Hertsmere MP as the new DCMS Secretary.
Mr Dowden will replace the previous co-chair Amanda Milling MP, who was sacked earlier today.
A part of his new role he will continue to attend cabinet, but he will no longer be a cabinet minister according to the BBC.
Oliver Dowden took on the role as DCSM Secretary in February 2020, just over a month before the first national lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
A large amount of his tenure has looked at reopening events during the pandemic.
One hiccup during his time was an advert which suggested individuals in the arts could make their next career moves 'in cyber', which drew a large amount of criticism.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 7 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 8 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 9 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 10 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction