Booze permit review for Hatfield off-licence
AN off-licence is having its alcohol permit reviewed at a borough council meeting today (Wednesday).
The police have asked for Hatfield Wine Stores’ premises licence to be put before councillors on the grounds of the prevention of crime and disorder.
The St Albans Road East shop will be the subject of a licensing sub-committee hearing which could see it lose its licence.
A report to the committee stated the police believed there was a history of prolonged criminal activity, some of which was directly linked to the licensable activity permitted.
Although licensing officer Stewart Budd had met the licence holders, due to the severity of the offences the review still needed to go ahead.
You may also want to watch:
A petition against the shop losing its licence its expected to be handed in at the hearing.
The meeting is open to the public and starts at 2pm today (Wednesday) at the Acorn Suite, Campus West, WGC.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images