Bogus window cleaner jailed after conning Hatfield people
- Credit: Archant
A bogus window cleaner has been jailed after conning Hatfield residents out of cash and a laptop.
Ben Robertson, 32, knocked on doors along Old French Horn Lane claiming he was owed £20 for work that was carried out earlier.
At one house a resident believed him and handed over the money, St Albans Crown Court heard on Thursday, February 18.
Three days later he tried the same trick in St Albans Road West and was let into the house, where he stole a £400 iPad.
Robertson, of Jubilee Court, Hatfield, admitted burglary and fraud. He had 15 convictions for 27 previous offences.
You may also want to watch:
Puneet Rai, mitigating, said he had spent four months in custody where he had been addressing his drink problem.
Recorder Amanda Tipples QC jailed him for 12 months saying the offences were aggravated by the number of victims.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed