Bogus door-to-door insulation sellers in Welwyn Hatfield
BOGUS cold callers attempting to sell cavity wall insulation have been spotted in Welwyn Hatfield.
The salesmen are claiming they are working on behalf of a scheme backed by Welwyn Hatfield Council.
The council has issued a strong warning to residents as no company can sell this scheme on the doorstep by cold calling, after residents in the Handside area of WGC reported the canvassers.
Councillor Mandy Perkins said: “Some residents of Welwyn Hatfield have told us cold call door-to-door canvassers have visited them and tried to sell loft and cavity wall insulation claiming to work with the council.
“This is not true, these bogus canvassers have misled and confused residents by saying they are working with HEEP – they are not.”
You may also want to watch:
The council is part of the Herts Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP) scheme along with 14 other councils across Hertfordshire and Essex.
Under HEEP, residents can benefit from cavity wall and loft insulation for just �49 each, or FREE insulation if they are on certain benefits or over the age of 70.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
All work is subject to technical survey, qualifying criteria, council approval and availability of funding from HEEP.
The only way to get involved is to call HEEP direct on 0800 980 6026 or by visiting the website above right.