Body exhumed after death in Hatfield
THE body of a woman who died in Hatfield has been exhumed today (Friday).
Samantha Masvodza, 19, was found hanged inside her partner’s Broom Close home in October 2009.
An investigation on behalf of the Hertfordshire coroner has today taken place at Dunstable Cemetery, where she is buried, by officers from Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit.
Detective chief inspector Melanie Burn said: “This is a rare event for Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, as well as across the country, and I cannot recall the last event of this nature occurring in either county.”
Following a post-mortem examination this morning, a police spokeswoman said: “We are awaiting results of tests which may take a number of weeks.
You may also want to watch:
“However, at this stage initial findings do not lead us to believe there are any suspicious circumstances surrounding her death.”
Samantha, who lived in Dunstable, was due to be returned to her resting place this afternoon.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 10 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school