Bodies removed from crash scene of tragic Welwyn Garden City flight
THE bodies of a couple killed on a flight from WGC have been removed from the crash scene in Hampshire. A male pilot and female passenger were flying from Panshanger Aerodrome to Jersey when their light aircraft came down in poor weather in Steep on Good
THE bodies of a couple killed on a flight from WGC have been removed from the crash scene in Hampshire.
A male pilot and female passenger were flying from Panshanger Aerodrome to Jersey when their light aircraft came down in poor weather in Steep on Good Friday at around 12.30pm.
The man and woman on board were both confirmed dead at the scene.
Efforts were continuing yesterday (Saturday) to clear the woodland area where their private Piper fixed wing single engine aircraft crashed into a forested hillside, near Petersfield.
You may also want to watch:
Air accident investigators are still trying to establish the cause of the crash, while Hampshire police officers are interviewing witnesses and working to recover debris.
The identities of the two on board the plane have not yet been confirmed.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
Post-mortem examinations will take place today (Sunday) at the Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester.
Did you know the pilot? Email your tributes to email@example.com