Bodies removed from crash scene of tragic Welwyn Garden City flight
THE bodies of a couple killed on a flight from WGC have been removed from the crash scene in Hampshire. A male pilot and female passenger were flying from Panshanger Aerodrome to Jersey when their light aircraft came down in poor weather in Steep on Good
THE bodies of a couple killed on a flight from WGC have been removed from the crash scene in Hampshire.
A male pilot and female passenger were flying from Panshanger Aerodrome to Jersey when their light aircraft came down in poor weather in Steep on Good Friday at around 12.30pm.
The man and woman on board were both confirmed dead at the scene.
Efforts were continuing yesterday (Saturday) to clear the woodland area where their private Piper fixed wing single engine aircraft crashed into a forested hillside, near Petersfield.
You may also want to watch:
Air accident investigators are still trying to establish the cause of the crash, while Hampshire police officers are interviewing witnesses and working to recover debris.
The identities of the two on board the plane have not yet been confirmed.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 7 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 10 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
Post-mortem examinations will take place today (Sunday) at the Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester.
Did you know the pilot? Email your tributes to firstname.lastname@example.org