Bodies removed from crash scene of tragic Welwyn Garden City flight
THE bodies of a couple killed on a flight from WGC have been removed from the crash scene in Hampshire. A male pilot and female passenger were flying from Panshanger Aerodrome to Jersey when their light aircraft came down in poor weather in Steep on Good
THE bodies of a couple killed on a flight from WGC have been removed from the crash scene in Hampshire.
A male pilot and female passenger were flying from Panshanger Aerodrome to Jersey when their light aircraft came down in poor weather in Steep on Good Friday at around 12.30pm.
The man and woman on board were both confirmed dead at the scene.
Efforts were continuing yesterday (Saturday) to clear the woodland area where their private Piper fixed wing single engine aircraft crashed into a forested hillside, near Petersfield.
You may also want to watch:
Air accident investigators are still trying to establish the cause of the crash, while Hampshire police officers are interviewing witnesses and working to recover debris.
The identities of the two on board the plane have not yet been confirmed.
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
Post-mortem examinations will take place today (Sunday) at the Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester.
Did you know the pilot? Email your tributes to firstname.lastname@example.org