Bob Dylan gig in Welwyn Garden City
BOB Dylan tracks will be ringing in the ears of theatre-goers this week at a special charity event.
Held on Sunday at The Barn Theatre, in WGC, the evening, organised by Club Palestina, is raising funds for both flooded schools in Kashmir and Viva Palestina – a charity which aims to break the siege of Gaza.
The night will feature performances from acts including Ollie Dowlen, Graham Robbins and Friends, Breezy the St Albans Busker and John Player.
Tickets for the concert, which starts at 9pm, are free and a collection tin will be handed round during the event.
Organiser Philip McCowan said: “We are hoping to raise around �400 to �500.
You may also want to watch:
“We chose Bob Dylan as he is quite an accessible and renowned artist and his hits will hopefully draw in the crowds.
“The last event we did in Hertford went down really well; we have a mix of professional musicians and keen amateurs performing, so hopefully it will be really good.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
For more information call Philip on 07773 315317.