Bob Dylan gig in Welwyn Garden City
BOB Dylan tracks will be ringing in the ears of theatre-goers this week at a special charity event.
Held on Sunday at The Barn Theatre, in WGC, the evening, organised by Club Palestina, is raising funds for both flooded schools in Kashmir and Viva Palestina – a charity which aims to break the siege of Gaza.
The night will feature performances from acts including Ollie Dowlen, Graham Robbins and Friends, Breezy the St Albans Busker and John Player.
Tickets for the concert, which starts at 9pm, are free and a collection tin will be handed round during the event.
Organiser Philip McCowan said: “We are hoping to raise around �400 to �500.
You may also want to watch:
“We chose Bob Dylan as he is quite an accessible and renowned artist and his hits will hopefully draw in the crowds.
“The last event we did in Hertford went down really well; we have a mix of professional musicians and keen amateurs performing, so hopefully it will be really good.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 8 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
For more information call Philip on 07773 315317.