Blood donors urged to come forward in Potters Bar
POTENTIAL donors in Potters Bar are being urged to come forward to help increase national blood stocks.
Bosses at NHS Blood and Transport (NHSBT) are appealing for both new and existing blood donors, who live or work in the town, to come forward and open their veins.
The next donor sessions in Potters Bar take place today (Wednesday) at the Furzefield Centre in Mutton Lane.
The first session starts at 9am and finishes at 12.30pm, while the second stint runs from 2pm until 3.30pm.
An NHSBT spokeswoman said: “You never know when you or someone you know will need blood, so we hope people will think of others and go along to donate.
You may also want to watch:
“Giving blood takes less than an hour and costs nothing, but is priceless to someone who needs it in an emergency.”
To make an appointment call 0300 123 23 23.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Donors may also turn up on the day.
For more information, click on the link, right