Blood donors urged to come forward in Potters Bar
POTENTIAL donors in Potters Bar are being urged to come forward to help increase national blood stocks.
Bosses at NHS Blood and Transport (NHSBT) are appealing for both new and existing blood donors, who live or work in the town, to come forward and open their veins.
The next donor sessions in Potters Bar take place today (Wednesday) at the Furzefield Centre in Mutton Lane.
The first session starts at 9am and finishes at 12.30pm, while the second stint runs from 2pm until 3.30pm.
An NHSBT spokeswoman said: “You never know when you or someone you know will need blood, so we hope people will think of others and go along to donate.
You may also want to watch:
“Giving blood takes less than an hour and costs nothing, but is priceless to someone who needs it in an emergency.”
To make an appointment call 0300 123 23 23.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Donors may also turn up on the day.
For more information, click on the link, right