Blood donors urged to come forward in Potters Bar
POTENTIAL donors in Potters Bar are being urged to come forward to help increase national blood stocks.
Bosses at NHS Blood and Transport (NHSBT) are appealing for both new and existing blood donors, who live or work in the town, to come forward and open their veins.
The next donor sessions in Potters Bar take place today (Wednesday) at the Furzefield Centre in Mutton Lane.
The first session starts at 9am and finishes at 12.30pm, while the second stint runs from 2pm until 3.30pm.
An NHSBT spokeswoman said: “You never know when you or someone you know will need blood, so we hope people will think of others and go along to donate.
You may also want to watch:
“Giving blood takes less than an hour and costs nothing, but is priceless to someone who needs it in an emergency.”
To make an appointment call 0300 123 23 23.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
Donors may also turn up on the day.
For more information, click on the link, right