Blaze at Hatfield student accommodation

UNIVERSITY of Hertfordshire student accommodation was alight after a kitchen fire.

The blaze in Chapman Hall, required two fire crews from Hatfield and one from St Albans.

The firefighters used one jet, breathing apparatus and a ventilation system to put out the fire, which started at 5.15pm on Monday last week.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter