Blackburne's over the moon as Welwyn Garden City beat league leaders
WELWYN Garden City made it three wins on the bounce when they beat league leaders Harefield United yesterday (Saturday).The Citizens claimed the scalp of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division pacesetters 1-0 at Preston Park.Striker Stuart B
WELWYN Garden City made it three wins on the bounce when they beat league leaders Harefield United yesterday (Saturday).
The Citizens claimed the scalp of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division pacesetters 1-0 at Preston Park.
Striker Stuart Blackburne scored the only goal of the game to lift Del Deanus' men into 14th place in the table, level on points with county rivals Hertford Town - the team they face on Tuesday night.
City stole the points at Harefield with less than five minutes gone.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Wallace played the ball into the box from the left wing and leading scorer Blackburne slotted home past advancing Hares keeper Charlie Miller.
That strike proved enough to seal the game for the visitors, making it three victories on the spin after wins over Broxbourne Boro V&E and Aylesbury Vale in the past week.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 9 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
The Citizens are back in action away to Pablo Ardiles' Hertford Town on Tuesday night.
* See Wednesday's WHTimes for full match report and reaction from WGC's win at Harefield United.
Return to www.whtimes24.co.uk on Wednesday morning for the result of City's game at Hertford.