Black Sabbath members join Metallica and Linkin Park at Sonisphere Festival
FORMER members of rock legends Black Sabbath have joined the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House this summer. Heaven and Hell, the collaboration project featuring Sabbath s Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, will be making their only UK festival appear
FORMER members of rock legends Black Sabbath have joined the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House this summer.
Heaven and Hell, the collaboration project featuring Sabbath's Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, will be making their only UK festival appearance of 2009 at Knebworth over the weekend of August 1-2.
Their appearance at the Hertfordshire stately home will mark the first ever live performances of Black Sabbath songs at the legendary rock venue.
Also added to the Sonisphere line-up are alternative prog rockers and H&M touring partners Coheed and Cambria for their only UK show.
You may also want to watch:
American rockers The Used join the second stage in another UK festival exclusive.
The closing leg of the inaugural European touring Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth will be headlined by Linkin Park and metal gods Metallica.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
There are still a few more bands to be announced.
A Sonisphere statement said: "With the line-up nearly complete, organisers are working on filling the final few slots, which will contain a few eyebrow-raising surprises to ensure good-time festival fun."