Children become Santa and drop off presents for the elderly
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield school children dropped off presents for the elderly in time for Christmas earlier this month.
Birchwood Nursery School pupils brought some Christmas cheer to St Audrey's Care Home in Hatfield on Thursday, December 5.
Preschool manager Angela Cumming said: "The children and residents had a great time together."
"The children sang some Christmas songs and nursery rhymes and left a gift that had been made by the children for all the residents," the Birchwood Nursery School manager, who took the kids along for the day, said:
"Some of the residents have been invited to join the children for their Christmas sing a long next week at the end of the term.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone had fun and we are hoping to make this a regular event."
The school also had a Christmas jumper day and charity cake sale last week - just in time for the end of the break-up.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey