Biggest Loser twins are Potters Bar winners
CUSTOMERS at a Potters Bar tanning salon might recognise a couple of new faces next time they visit.
But then again, maybe they won’t. For since twins Ayanda and Zandela Soares appeared on ITV1 show The Biggest Loser, the only thing big about the once plus-size sisters is their business.
Ayanda and Zandela have brought their company Ree-Kye Style to Darling Tans studio in Barnet Road, offering the very latest advancements in hair and link extensions.
Ayanda, 28, told the Potters Bar Edition she is now the first person in town offering the revolutionary micro ring method – single strand extensions that attach without the need for glue.
“They’re much more safe for your hair,” said Ayanda. “I’m the first person to bring it here. I’m going to be selling products and hair extensions as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Ree-Kye’s arrival in Potters Bar is largely thanks to the twins’ appearance on The Biggest Loser – a reality TV show hosted by Davina McCall which challenged obese people to lose as much weight as they could.
Since the show, Ayanda has lost four-and-a-half stone, and is now down to a svelte 13 stone from her original 17-and- a-half. Meanwhile, Zandela finished the show as second runner-up, after dropping from 19.3 stone to 14 stone.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
“I always felt my weight held me back a lot,” said Ayanda. “I never had the confidence to take my company forward.”
But after Ayanda’s boyfriend, Andrew, proposed to her, she knew she had to lose weight.
“I absolutely dreaded having a wedding,” she said. “I couldn’t bear the thought of having to try on a wedding dress with all the fat hanging out.”
She plans to lose two more stone, and is encouraging others to join her at several events she is organising in London this summer.
“We’re organising fun days based around exercise and fitness in a range of parks inside the M25 that involves the whole family,” Ayanda said.
There is also the small matter of her wedding next May.
“I’m really looking forward to it now,” Ayanda said. “And I’ve actually got my wedding dress.”
Ayanda is offering a 15 per cent discount to any new customers that bring a copy of this article from this week’s edition of the WHT Potters Bar Edition in with them to their appointment.
Call Ayanda on 07960 127 898 for more information.