Big Sonisphere 2011 festival announcement on Monday
A SECOND massive 2011 Sonisphere Festival announcement for Knebworth will be made early next week.
Metal legends Slipknot were confirmed on Friday as the first headliners of the three-day rock event being held in the grounds of Knebworth House from Friday, July 8 to Sunday, July 10.
The identity of the other two headliners will be revealed on BBC Radio 1 on Monday night.
Rock Show host Daniel P Carter is expected to confirm the latest additions to the UK leg of Sonisphere on Zane Lowe’s evening show, sometime around 8.30pm.
Having already got mask-wearing Iowa icons Slipknot to end their hiatus, metal fans can expect further shocks from Sonisphere organisers on Monday when the international touring festival announces more bands playing in the Hertfordshire stately home’s back garden next summer.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from Sonisphere said: “Although the full line up for 2011 cannot yet be revealed, some hugely exciting names are already confirmed, and will be announced on Monday, alongside details of free festival tickets abroad, plus the return of Sonisphere’s hugely successful deposit scheme.”
Despite speculation on music forums that Red Hot Chili Peppers could be one of the UK headliners, the Welwyn Hatfield Times understands the American rockers will not be announced for Knebworth on Monday.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 8 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
Alice Cooper, Rammstein and Iron Maiden headlined the second Sonisphere this summer.
Linkin Park were the Saturday headliners in the festival’s first year with Metallica closing the rock and metal extravaganza the following night.
- Keep checking back at www.whtimes24.co.uk for more news on the festival.