Big Sonisphere 2011 festival announcement on Monday
A SECOND massive 2011 Sonisphere Festival announcement for Knebworth will be made early next week.
Metal legends Slipknot were confirmed on Friday as the first headliners of the three-day rock event being held in the grounds of Knebworth House from Friday, July 8 to Sunday, July 10.
The identity of the other two headliners will be revealed on BBC Radio 1 on Monday night.
Rock Show host Daniel P Carter is expected to confirm the latest additions to the UK leg of Sonisphere on Zane Lowe’s evening show, sometime around 8.30pm.
Having already got mask-wearing Iowa icons Slipknot to end their hiatus, metal fans can expect further shocks from Sonisphere organisers on Monday when the international touring festival announces more bands playing in the Hertfordshire stately home’s back garden next summer.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from Sonisphere said: “Although the full line up for 2011 cannot yet be revealed, some hugely exciting names are already confirmed, and will be announced on Monday, alongside details of free festival tickets abroad, plus the return of Sonisphere’s hugely successful deposit scheme.”
Despite speculation on music forums that Red Hot Chili Peppers could be one of the UK headliners, the Welwyn Hatfield Times understands the American rockers will not be announced for Knebworth on Monday.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Hatfield Battle Proms concert is still going ahead as planned this summer
- 10 Hatfield's Folk by the Oak festival still going ahead this summer
Alice Cooper, Rammstein and Iron Maiden headlined the second Sonisphere this summer.
Linkin Park were the Saturday headliners in the festival’s first year with Metallica closing the rock and metal extravaganza the following night.
- Keep checking back at www.whtimes24.co.uk for more news on the festival.