Big Brother's Sree 'Feeling fine' despite slashing wrists
FORMER Big Brother housemate Sree Dasari has told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times he is feeling fine , despite being rushed to hospital after slashing his wrists. The 25-year-old was rushed to hospital during the early hours of Friday after
FORMER Big Brother housemate Sree Dasari has told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times he is feeling "fine", despite being rushed to hospital after slashing his wrists.
The 25-year-old was rushed to hospital during the early hours of Friday after the incident happened at his Hatfield home.
He was discharged from hospital after being treated for cuts and lacerations.
There was no suggestion of a suicide bid.
You may also want to watch:
Sree, students' union president at the University of Hertfordshire, said: "I'm fine. I'm very, very fine and very happy.
"It was nothing, it's just a small cut."
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
A university spokeswoman said: "We are aware of the incident that took place last Thursday evening.
"We are offering ongoing support to Sree as part of our usual student support procedures."
A Big Brother spokeswoman said: "Housemates' welfare is of paramount importance.
"There is a well-established and extensive after-care system in place for all housemates and Sree continues to be given ongoing support by the production team and regular access to the show psychologist.
East of England Ambulance Service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “We attended an address in Hatfield last Friday, at 0.28am to a report of a man with an arm injury. He was stabilised by paramedics before being taken to the QE2 hospital in WGC.”