Benefits advice service launched for Hertfordshire cancer sufferers
BENEFITS and money advice for cancer sufferers in Hertfordshire is now available courtesy of Macmillan Cancer Support.
The Macmillan CAB Welfare Benefits and Money Advice Service was officially launched at the QE2 Hospital, in WGC, on Tuesday last week.
More than 120 people have been seen since the opening of the service last year and it has gained in excess of �150,000 worth of benefits for clients.
The service, which is a partnership project between Macmillan Cancer Support, Citizens Advice Bureau Service in Hertsmere and East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, started in April 2010.
Heather Day, chief executive of the service, said: “Our clients come from all walks of life and are dealing with the effects of living with a cancer diagnosis.
You may also want to watch:
“This service offers much-needed advice and information to help sort out any money problems and claim the benefits to which people are entitled.”
She added: “The benefits system can be extremely complicated – people don’t always know what they are entitled to or how to claim it.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 9 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 10 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
“The team here helps people living with cancer find their way through this maze and ease their financial pressures.”
n For more information about the service visit www.hertsmerecab.org.uk or call the advice line on 0844 826 9703.