Benefit surgeries to take place twice monthly in Hatfield
BENEFIT claimants in Hatfield will be able to get easier access to information and application forms from next week.
From Wednesday, April 21, a member of Welwyn Hatfield Council’s benefits team will be available twice a month to deal with face to face enquiries about housing and council tax benefit.
The adviser will be at the Hatfield housing office in White Lion Square, on the first and third Wednesday of each month.
They will be present between 10am and 1pm and residents can either drop in or make an appointment.
Bob Jewell, the council’s director of finance and operations said: “We hope that this regular presence in Hatfield will encourage people who don’t currently claim benefits to come and discuss what they may be entitled to.
You may also want to watch:
“There are many people that could be entitled to benefits but do not realise it; employed or unemployed, young or old, married or single, parents and families.
“For example, single working parents or people of pensionable age may be entitled to help with paying their rent and council tax.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
To make an appointment call the council on 01707 357000 and ask for the benefits team.