Benefit surgeries to take place twice monthly in Hatfield
BENEFIT claimants in Hatfield will be able to get easier access to information and application forms from next week.
From Wednesday, April 21, a member of Welwyn Hatfield Council’s benefits team will be available twice a month to deal with face to face enquiries about housing and council tax benefit.
The adviser will be at the Hatfield housing office in White Lion Square, on the first and third Wednesday of each month.
They will be present between 10am and 1pm and residents can either drop in or make an appointment.
Bob Jewell, the council’s director of finance and operations said: “We hope that this regular presence in Hatfield will encourage people who don’t currently claim benefits to come and discuss what they may be entitled to.
You may also want to watch:
“There are many people that could be entitled to benefits but do not realise it; employed or unemployed, young or old, married or single, parents and families.
“For example, single working parents or people of pensionable age may be entitled to help with paying their rent and council tax.”
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 4 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
To make an appointment call the council on 01707 357000 and ask for the benefits team.