Benefit event in Welwyn Garden City for those affected by Japan earthquake and tsunami
A BENEFIT event will be held in WGC on Saturday to aid those affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
The event, at St Francis Church, WGC, will feature Japanese cuisine including sushi, fried noodles and miso soup.
And there will be Japan-themed activities like Shiatsu massage, Japanese drums and pottery.
There will also be secret auctions and a tombola.
All proceeds will go to Peace Winds Japan, a Tokyo-based non governmental organisation.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Kaori Rose said: “As a Japanese national, I have been especially touched, to think that were it not for chance or fate, I could have been part of this terrifying experience.”
She added: “I hope that you will find it in your hearts to support us in my efforts to raise some funds to send to Japan.”
- 1 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 2 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 3 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
The event runs from 11am to 4pm.