Bench arrives at Potters Bar bus stop
REGULAR users of a bus stop in Potters Bar can now rest easy as they wait for their transport to arrive. A new bench has been installed at a stop in Cranborne Road, at the
REGULAR users of a bus stop in Potters Bar can now rest easy as they wait for their transport to arrive.
A new bench has been installed at a stop in Cranborne Road, at the junction with Mutton Lane, giving waiting passengers a place to sit for the first time.
It was installed by Hertfordshire Highways, after Hertsmere borough councillor Peter Knell, who represents the Furzefield ward, got in touch and asked for something to be done about the lack of seating.
"I had noticed over a period of many weeks people who were waiting for the bus had to either sit on people's private walls, or stand until the bus arrived and some elderly people were using their walking sticks for support," Cllr Knell said.
You may also want to watch:
"There was one lady who bought her own convertible canvas seat to sit on!
"Residents have said it's a great idea and one that has been needed for some time.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
"I must say thanks to Hertfordshire Highways who have been a big help in this matter.