Bench arrives at Potters Bar bus stop
REGULAR users of a bus stop in Potters Bar can now rest easy as they wait for their transport to arrive. A new bench has been installed at a stop in Cranborne Road, at the
REGULAR users of a bus stop in Potters Bar can now rest easy as they wait for their transport to arrive.
A new bench has been installed at a stop in Cranborne Road, at the junction with Mutton Lane, giving waiting passengers a place to sit for the first time.
It was installed by Hertfordshire Highways, after Hertsmere borough councillor Peter Knell, who represents the Furzefield ward, got in touch and asked for something to be done about the lack of seating.
"I had noticed over a period of many weeks people who were waiting for the bus had to either sit on people's private walls, or stand until the bus arrived and some elderly people were using their walking sticks for support," Cllr Knell said.
You may also want to watch:
"There was one lady who bought her own convertible canvas seat to sit on!
"Residents have said it's a great idea and one that has been needed for some time.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season
"I must say thanks to Hertfordshire Highways who have been a big help in this matter.