Bench arrives at Potters Bar bus stop
REGULAR users of a bus stop in Potters Bar can now rest easy as they wait for their transport to arrive. A new bench has been installed at a stop in Cranborne Road, at the
REGULAR users of a bus stop in Potters Bar can now rest easy as they wait for their transport to arrive.
A new bench has been installed at a stop in Cranborne Road, at the junction with Mutton Lane, giving waiting passengers a place to sit for the first time.
It was installed by Hertfordshire Highways, after Hertsmere borough councillor Peter Knell, who represents the Furzefield ward, got in touch and asked for something to be done about the lack of seating.
"I had noticed over a period of many weeks people who were waiting for the bus had to either sit on people's private walls, or stand until the bus arrived and some elderly people were using their walking sticks for support," Cllr Knell said.
You may also want to watch:
"There was one lady who bought her own convertible canvas seat to sit on!
"Residents have said it's a great idea and one that has been needed for some time.
- 1 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 4 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 8 New lease of life for shop in historic Old Hatfield
- 9 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 10 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
"I must say thanks to Hertfordshire Highways who have been a big help in this matter.