Beano comic cartoonist wows crowd in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A CARTOONIST from the Beano comic made a stop in WGC to give youngsters a masterclass in drawing.
Kev F Sutherland, who has worked for Marvel Comics, visited the library and spent the day teaching children how to draw and write for comics.
He said: “It was great and they were marvellous.
“Every single one of them has potential.”
He visited WGC Library, in Campus West, last week.
You may also want to watch:
“I write and draw for a living and it is quite important to make sure the next generation does the same,” he added.
The youngsters got to create their own comic strips and were able to take them home.
- 1 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 4 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 9 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
Shirley Everall, reader development officer for Herts Libraries, said: “Parents who stayed thought it was absolutely fantastic and he kept the children engaged the whole time.”
A total of 60 youngsters joined in the fun, with 29 in the morning and 31 in the afternoon.
“I think it shows that the library does more than issue books,” Mrs Everall added.