BBC film Hatfield hijacking reconstruction
CRIMEWATCH film crews were in Hatfield this week to record the reconstruction of a van hijacking.
The BBC was at Hatfield Avenue to relay the events of Tuesday, May 10, when masked robbers raided a City Link van, in nearby Comet Way.
The video, which is due to be broadcast in an episode of Crimewatch Roadshow in the week commencing June 20, will show how the hijackers overtook the City Link van, in a white Vauxhall Insignia VXR.
They suddenly broke, then two masked men jumped out and forced their way into the van, pushing the driver out of his seat.
They drove off with the van driver still inside and with a third offender following in the Vauxhall.
You may also want to watch:
The van, which was carrying mobile phones, was eventually taken to Porters Park in Shenley, where its stash of iPhones, BlackBerrys and Nokias were unloaded.
The robbers then drove off in the Vauxhall, ditching the City Link van and its driver, who was luckily unharmed.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
It is hoped the film, which was shot on Tuesday in Hatfield Avenue due to its quieter location, will lead to the arrest of the offenders.
Two of the attackers are described as white, with covered faces, one used a form of snood.
* Contact detective constable Andy Boyer or detective sergeant Paul Rodgers on the non-emergency number 0845 3300 222 with information.