Bank Holiday fun in Welwyn Hatfield pubs
A PUB in WGC is buzzing as it prepares for its latest charity fundraiser today (Saturday). The third annual charity event at The Beehive, in Beehive Lane, will once again be raising money for WGC-based Isabel Hospice and Help For Heroes, which supports w
A PUB in WGC is buzzing as it prepares for its latest charity fundraiser today (Saturday).
The third annual charity event at The Beehive, in Beehive Lane, will once again be raising money for WGC-based Isabel Hospice and Help For Heroes, which supports wounded soldiers returning from combat.
There will be a bouncy castle, slides and face painting for the children, plus live music courtesy of rock outfit The Junkyard Rats and a barbecue.
Organiser Jason Archer, owner of The Beehive, said: "Over the last two years this event has seen many people visit to show support and we have managed to raise over �2,500 for the charities involved, hopefully this year we can raise even more."
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free but all donations are welcome.
For more information contact The Beehive on 01707 323161.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
*Another pub is holding a charity day over the bank holiday weekend.
The Wrestlers, on Great North Road, Hatfield, is staging its own fundraiser in aid of The Mixed Group, which organises a Christmas dinner for people who would usually be on their own during the festive season.
The event will include an outdoor disco, five-a-side football and barbecue, plus several games and attractions, including Splat the Rat and face painting.
The Wrestlers charity day is being held on Bank Holiday Monday, August 31.
For more information, contact the pub on 01707 262116.