Band cancel Sonisphere 2011 festival comeback at Knebworth
ONE of the bands due to play next month’s Sonisphere 2011 rock festival at Knebworth House have pulled out.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, reformed metal-crossover titans One Minute Silence have had to cancel their live comeback at this year’s three-day Sonisphere spectacular.
Formed in Ireland in the early 1990s, alternative metallers OMS were due to play the Bohemia stage at the Hertfordshire stately home on Saturday, July 9 but pulled out earlier this month.
Frontman Brian ‘Yap’ Barry said: “We have tried so hard to get OMS back in shape in time for Sonisphere.
“Huge apologies from all of us if you bought a ticket especially to see us play – life is life folks and we are genuinely sorry.
You may also want to watch:
“We want you to know that this is also just one gig we’re cancelling – we are still focused as a band and will continue to write and rehearse new material as we have been for the past eight months and when we feel ready we will take the stage again and see you all in the pit.”
Sonisphere returns to Knebworth House from Friday, July 8 to Sunday, July 10.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Metallica and fellow Big 4 thrash metal titans Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax headline the opening day.
Scottish rockers Biffy Clyro top the bill the following night, with Iowa metallers Slipknot – who made their long-awaited live return at Sonisphere Greece in Athens last Friday – closing the main stage activities at Knebworth on the Sunday.
Full weekend camping passes for the UK leg of the touring metal fest are close to selling out and a limited number of additional day tickets have just gone on sale after the Knebworth capacity was increased.
* See this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out tomorrow (Wednesday), for an interview with You Me At Six ahead of their Sonisphere debut.