Balaclava group attack man in Welwyn Garden City cul-de-sac
THREE balaclava clad attackers beat up a man in a cul-de-sac.
The man in his 40’s was getting out of his vehicle, accompanied by his partner, when the dark dressed trio struck in Birds Close, WGC.
The victim was repeatedly attacked before the group ran off towards Caponfield, and the woman called for help.
The man was later taken to hospital with serious injuries to his hand.
DC Dave Riggs is investigating and said: “We are looking into the possibility that this was a premeditated assault.
You may also want to watch:
“I am keen to determine whether there were any witnesses to this incident and would ask anyone who believes they may have seen this incident take place, or the men running from the scene to contact me.”
The incident happened on Wednesday, January 26.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Brookmans Park Golf Club delighted with all aspects of a great club championship day
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.