AV leaflet probe plea from Welwyn Hatfield Council chief
A PROBE launched after YES to AV campaign material was sent to a resident in an official Welwyn Hatfield Council envelope has proved inconclusive.
The letter, received ahead of the AV referendum last month, saw an investigation launched by council chief executive Michel Saminaden.
He is now appealing to WHT readers to come forward if they also received the material inside a council envelope, to help clear up the confusion.
Mr Saminaden said: “Following the thorough investigation, the council’s auditors could find no evidence to suggest either any officer of the council or any contractor working for the council had any connection to the ‘Yes campaign’ or had any access to any material related to the ‘Yes campaign’.
“So far, only one complaint has been received about this matter, and under these circumstances the investigation is inconclusive.”
You may also want to watch:
Call the council on 01707 357000 if you received the publicity material in a council envelope.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement