Audition for Welwyn Garden City production
ACTORS and stars of the future are wanted for an upcoming WGC production.
An X Factor-style series of auditions are being held next week by I Dare You Productions for its future showing of Small City, Bright Lights at the Barn Theatre in February.
The dance, theatre and singing group is searching for the general public and professionals, male and female of all ages, to perform in the musical which the group compares to its own version of Streetdance, Step Up and Honey.
The trials, which are to be “laid back”, run on Saturday, December 4 from 1-2pm for under 18s, while the over 18s are from 2-3pm at the Handside Lane-based theatre.
Another session runs on Monday, December 6 from 7-8pm for under 18s and 8-9pm for over 18s.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman from I Dare You Prdocutions said: “We believe that by showing the local talent we have here, we will be giving the people a chance to see what we have to offer as a community and also we can give our performers a chance of outside interest and opportunities.”
She added: “We are looking for local singers and dancers to take part in our show, but this may lead to further bigger things.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Hatfield Battle Proms concert is still going ahead as planned this summer
- 10 Hatfield's Folk by the Oak festival still going ahead this summer
“We are looking for all age ranges and all types of talent, be it from singers that sing in their showers to local bars and pubs, dancers from doing work out videos at home, to professionals.
“All are welcome as there will be lots of positions to fill.
“It will be a production to show everyone you can find talent in the smallest places hence the name Small City, Bright Lights. We think its really appropriate considering Oaklands College has a huge performing arts section and its something so many people will be able to relate to.”
To purchase a �10 ticket for the show, which runs on Saturday, February 11, at 7pm, and Sunday, February 12, at 2pm, call 07939479549.