Attacked Welwyn Garden City teenager calls for CCTV in park
A TEENAGER was attacked in broad daylight while walking through the park close to her home. Now, 17-year-old Vikki Gates is calling for CCTV cameras and better lighting in Haldens Park, WGC. Vikkie was walking through the park, which runs between
A TEENAGER was attacked in broad daylight while walking through the park close to her home.
Now, 17-year-old Vikki Gates is calling for CCTV cameras and better lighting in Haldens Park, WGC.
Vikkie was walking through the park, which runs between Blythway and Hertford Road, at around 9.30 on Wednesday, June 24, when a man approached her from behind and hit her in the ribs.
The man ran off, as Vikkie fell to the ground, cutting her face.
You may also want to watch:
Despite her injuries, said she was more concerned about the safety of others who use the park.
"It could happen to somebody older or a young kid and it could be even worse," she said.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
"There's no CCTV cameras, no proper lighting, and there's kids walking through there late at night.
"I want to make people aware of the dangers of going through the park alone."
For more on this story, get this Wednesday's edition of the Welwyn & Hatfield Times.