Attacked Welwyn Garden City teenager calls for CCTV in park
A TEENAGER was attacked in broad daylight while walking through the park close to her home. Now, 17-year-old Vikki Gates is calling for CCTV cameras and better lighting in Haldens Park, WGC. Vikkie was walking through the park, which runs between
A TEENAGER was attacked in broad daylight while walking through the park close to her home.
Now, 17-year-old Vikki Gates is calling for CCTV cameras and better lighting in Haldens Park, WGC.
Vikkie was walking through the park, which runs between Blythway and Hertford Road, at around 9.30 on Wednesday, June 24, when a man approached her from behind and hit her in the ribs.
The man ran off, as Vikkie fell to the ground, cutting her face.
You may also want to watch:
Despite her injuries, said she was more concerned about the safety of others who use the park.
"It could happen to somebody older or a young kid and it could be even worse," she said.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
"There's no CCTV cameras, no proper lighting, and there's kids walking through there late at night.
"I want to make people aware of the dangers of going through the park alone."
For more on this story, get this Wednesday's edition of the Welwyn & Hatfield Times.