Asian cafe opens in Hatfield
A PILOT scheme encouraging people to come and try healthy Asian food starts today (Thursday). A cafe at Howe Dell community hall, in The Runway, Hatfield, is offering people the chance to sample healthy traditional Asian food instead of fatty takeaways.
A PILOT scheme encouraging people to come and try healthy Asian food starts today (Thursday).
A cafe at Howe Dell community hall, in The Runway, Hatfield, is offering people the chance to sample healthy traditional Asian food instead of fatty takeaways.
Run by Welwyn Hatfield Council, it is hoped that if today's trial is successful, the caf� could become a regular fixture.
Teri Floyd, de Havilland partnership community coordinator, said: "This project is an opportunity to bring locals together over a shared love of food."
You may also want to watch:
Chef Priya Tandon said: "I hope people have an enjoyable day and that they like my food!"
The event takes place from 1pm until 4pm.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
Food is priced from �2, and all money raised will be donated to the Kashmir Deaf Children's Trust.