Arthur Miller stage classic The Crucible on at theatre
WITCH hunts, devil worship, bigotry and seduction all feature in the true story of the Witches of Salem in the production The Crucible. The intensely moving drama about real people in real situations over 300 years ago is on from next Wednesday at the Wyl
WITCH hunts, devil worship, bigotry and seduction all feature in the true story of the Witches of Salem in the production The Crucible.
The intensely moving drama about real people in real situations over 300 years ago is on from next Wednesday at the Wyllyotts Theatre, in Potters Bar.
When Arthur Miller wrote the story in the early 1950s it was intended as a commentary on the Communist witch hunts by US Senator Joseph McCarthy which were dividing America at the time.
The Crucible tells a true story of people caught in a terrifying web of intrigue and passion, of cruelty and malice as well as truth, goodness and love.
You may also want to watch:
The amateur production, by Potters Bar Theatre Company, starts at 7.45pm and 2.45pm for the Saturday matinee, at the Darkes Lane theatre.
Tickets are from �7.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
It runs until March 14.