Arsonists attack Welwyn Garden City greenhouse
ARSONISTS torched a greenhouse just three metres away from gas canisters – raising fears that tragedy could have struck. Lana Fallon said she felt unsafe in her own home and fears for her elderly parents who she lives with, after the attack on their belo
ARSONISTS torched a greenhouse just three metres away from gas canisters - raising fears that tragedy could have struck.
Lana Fallon said she felt unsafe in her own home and fears for her elderly parents who she lives with, after the attack on their beloved garden in Harwood Hill, WGC.
The 38-year-old, who lives in a summerhouse at the bottom of the garden near the blaze, told the WHT she is now considering moving after a spate of incidents.
She said: "The greenhouse has been raided before.
You may also want to watch:
"It seems it's always my mum who is targeted
"Nobody feels safe here. We don't even feel like going to bed.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
"It's a bit like sleeping with the front door open.
Lana said: "We could have been down there; my mum could have been in the greenhouse. Someone could have been killed."
The arsonists broke into the gardens just off Sewells via nearby woods, on Wednesday night.
Inside the greenhouse, where mum Pamela, 64, and dad Daniel, 74, spent a lot of time, was over �2,500 worth of tools.
Lana added: "It's the extent of danger that's so worrying. They've come right into two properties.
"Whoever came in this far knows the layout, they've been here before.
"Their motive was to burn everything so nothing was left."
Two fire crews attended the 11.45pm incident, in which nearby fences also set alight, and stated the cause as doubtful.
Police are investigating. Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.