Arson probe after fire at Hatfield school
POLICE are investigating a fire that is believed to have been deliberately caused at a school in Hatfield.
Firefighters were called to Onslow St Audrey’s School in Old Rectory Drive at around 3.15pm on Tuesday last week, following reports of a fire in the IT suite.
The crew used breathing apparatus and a main jet to put out a computer that had caught light.
A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire was small and contained in one corner of the room, but there was quite a lot of smoke logging.
“We have carried out a fire investigation, and we believe the cause was deliberate.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman confirmed they were now investigating.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return