Arson probe after fire at Hatfield school
POLICE are investigating a fire that is believed to have been deliberately caused at a school in Hatfield.
Firefighters were called to Onslow St Audrey’s School in Old Rectory Drive at around 3.15pm on Tuesday last week, following reports of a fire in the IT suite.
The crew used breathing apparatus and a main jet to put out a computer that had caught light.
A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire was small and contained in one corner of the room, but there was quite a lot of smoke logging.
“We have carried out a fire investigation, and we believe the cause was deliberate.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman confirmed they were now investigating.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 5 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas