Arson probe after fire at Hatfield school
POLICE are investigating a fire that is believed to have been deliberately caused at a school in Hatfield.
Firefighters were called to Onslow St Audrey’s School in Old Rectory Drive at around 3.15pm on Tuesday last week, following reports of a fire in the IT suite.
The crew used breathing apparatus and a main jet to put out a computer that had caught light.
A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire was small and contained in one corner of the room, but there was quite a lot of smoke logging.
“We have carried out a fire investigation, and we believe the cause was deliberate.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman confirmed they were now investigating.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire