Arson attack in Welwyn Garden City caught on camera
A MAN is believed to have accidentally set fire to himself during an arson attack which went wrong in WGC this morning (Thursday). A red Peugeot 106, a green Peugeot 206 and a
A MAN is believed to have accidentally set fire to himself during an arson attack which went wrong in WGC this morning (Thursday).
A red Peugeot 106, a green Peugeot 206 and a white Transit van were torched during the attack, which took place around 3am in Oaken Grove.
One resident told the WHT that the incident was captured on CCTV and showed three black men near the cars.
She said the footage went on to show one of the hapless arsonists setting fire to himself.
You may also want to watch:
She added the attackers also dropped and left behind a set of keys for a Mini and a Sony Ericsson mobile phone.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes