Arson attack in Welwyn Garden City
A FIRE investigation has begun after four cars were set alight in WGC this morning (Friday). More than 20 gas canisters halted the progress of firefighters as they battled against the flames from around 2.30am. The fire at Peartree Lane was attended by
A FIRE investigation has begun after four cars were set alight in WGC this morning (Friday).
More than 20 gas canisters halted the progress of firefighters as they battled against the flames from around 2.30am.
The fire at Peartree Farm, off Peartree Lane was attended by four fire crews and police.
Neighbour Stella Smith of Home Meadow told the WHT at the scene she saw flames shooting from the building.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "It looked pretty dangerous."
Road blocks were put in place but lifted at around 8.30am.
- 1 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 5 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 6 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 9 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Scenes of crime officers and a fire enforcement team are still at the site.