Arson attack at maisonette
ARSON is being blamed after a couple had to be dramatically rescued after a fire was started in Panshanger.
Police said “some things” were piled up and torched in front of the front door to the maisonette in Lincoln Close between 4am and 4.20am on Wednesday.
The fire had not breached the front door of the property.
Firefighters used an extendable ladder and plucked the trapped man and woman from a first floor window.
Four fire engines, two from WGC, one from Welwyn and one from Hatfield, arrived at the scene and a jet was used to douse the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Two people were taken by ambulance to the QE2 Hospital with smoke inhalation.
Firefighters donned breathing apparatus and entered the home to check the fire had not spread.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
The fire was out by 5am.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation, but police confirmed they are treating it as an arson attack.