Arsenal teenager Lansbury helps England to European Under-19 Championship final
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was on target as England Under-19s booked their place in the final of the UEFA European Under-19s Championships. The Three Lions had found themselves a goal down as Magaye Gueye put France ahead early on in the Olimpiys
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was on target as England Under-19s booked their place in the final of the UEFA European Under-19s Championships.
The Three Lions had found themselves a goal down as Magaye Gueye put France ahead early on in the Olimpiyskyi Stadium in Donetsk.
However England drew level in the semi-final when Arsenal's former Chancellor's School pupil fired home from the edge of the 18-yard box before half-time.
It was the Times Territory player's third goal in three games.
You may also want to watch:
Although the French were reduced to 10 men when Sebastien Corchia picked up two yellow cards, neither side found the net again during the 90 minutes, so the match went into extra-time.
The England hero proved to be Aston Villa striker Nathan Delfouneso who bagged a brace to send his side into the final.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
In the dying stages of extra-time France were reduced to eight men as both Ryad Boudebouz and Abdel El Kaoutari both also saw red.