Arsenal teenager Lansbury helps England to European Under-19 Championship final
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was on target as England Under-19s booked their place in the final of the UEFA European Under-19s Championships. The Three Lions had found themselves a goal down as Magaye Gueye put France ahead early on in the Olimpiys
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was on target as England Under-19s booked their place in the final of the UEFA European Under-19s Championships.
The Three Lions had found themselves a goal down as Magaye Gueye put France ahead early on in the Olimpiyskyi Stadium in Donetsk.
However England drew level in the semi-final when Arsenal's former Chancellor's School pupil fired home from the edge of the 18-yard box before half-time.
It was the Times Territory player's third goal in three games.
You may also want to watch:
Although the French were reduced to 10 men when Sebastien Corchia picked up two yellow cards, neither side found the net again during the 90 minutes, so the match went into extra-time.
The England hero proved to be Aston Villa striker Nathan Delfouneso who bagged a brace to send his side into the final.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
In the dying stages of extra-time France were reduced to eight men as both Ryad Boudebouz and Abdel El Kaoutari both also saw red.