Arsenal teenager Lansbury helps England to European Under-19 Championship final
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was on target as England Under-19s booked their place in the final of the UEFA European Under-19s Championships. The Three Lions had found themselves a goal down as Magaye Gueye put France ahead early on in the Olimpiys
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was on target as England Under-19s booked their place in the final of the UEFA European Under-19s Championships.
The Three Lions had found themselves a goal down as Magaye Gueye put France ahead early on in the Olimpiyskyi Stadium in Donetsk.
However England drew level in the semi-final when Arsenal's former Chancellor's School pupil fired home from the edge of the 18-yard box before half-time.
It was the Times Territory player's third goal in three games.
You may also want to watch:
Although the French were reduced to 10 men when Sebastien Corchia picked up two yellow cards, neither side found the net again during the 90 minutes, so the match went into extra-time.
The England hero proved to be Aston Villa striker Nathan Delfouneso who bagged a brace to send his side into the final.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
In the dying stages of extra-time France were reduced to eight men as both Ryad Boudebouz and Abdel El Kaoutari both also saw red.