Arsenal striker to repeat her American dream
ARSENAL Ladies striker Kelly Smith is leaving the Gunners to go and play in the United States for the second time. The 30-year-old, who lives in WGC, will be joining Boston Breakers for the start of the 2009 season in the Women's Professional
ARSENAL Ladies striker Kelly Smith is leaving the Gunners to go and play in the United States for the second time.
The 30-year-old, who lives in WGC, will be joining Boston Breakers for the start of the 2009 season in the Women's Professional Soccer League, in April.
Kelly, who last month was the only English woman to be voted in the top 10 female footballers in the world, made her debut for Arsenal in 1996.
She rejoined the North London outfit in 2005 after eight years in America, playing for Philadelphia Charge and New Jersey Wildcats.
You may also want to watch:
In her Arsenal career she has made 112 appearances scoring 100 times, along with winning the women's version of the Premier League four times, the UEFA Cup once, the FA Cup three times, Premier League Cup once and the Community Shield twice.
As reported in yesterday's WHT, she is set to feature in next Thursday's Premier League Cup final against Doncaster Rovers Belles alongside two other Times Territory girls - captain Faye White and Alex Scott.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk