Arsenal’s ex-pros to play in Welwyn Garden City charity match
ARSENAL will be playing at a WGC leisure centre at the weekend.
Well, not the first team – but the Premier League club’s Ex-Pro and Celebrity XI.
The charity event at Gosling Sports Park is being held in association with Codicote FC – who play their home matches at the venue – and the Willow Foundation, the Old Hatfield-based charity co-founded by former Arsenal keeper Bob Wilson.
Kick-off on Sunday is at 2.30pm. Tickets cost �4 for adults and �1 for children.
All proceeds will be donated to the Willow Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
The day is not just for football fans, though, as Gosling is hosting a family open day and barbecue as well.
Visitors will be able to try a range of sporting activities for free, such as tennis, skiing, trampolining and gymnastics.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
Various prizes, discounts and treats will also be on offer.
For more information call the sports park on 01707 331056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org