Arsenal’s ex-pros to play in Welwyn Garden City charity match
ARSENAL will be playing at a WGC leisure centre at the weekend.
Well, not the first team – but the Premier League club’s Ex-Pro and Celebrity XI.
The charity event at Gosling Sports Park is being held in association with Codicote FC – who play their home matches at the venue – and the Willow Foundation, the Old Hatfield-based charity co-founded by former Arsenal keeper Bob Wilson.
Kick-off on Sunday is at 2.30pm. Tickets cost �4 for adults and �1 for children.
All proceeds will be donated to the Willow Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
The day is not just for football fans, though, as Gosling is hosting a family open day and barbecue as well.
Visitors will be able to try a range of sporting activities for free, such as tennis, skiing, trampolining and gymnastics.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Brookmans Park Golf Club delighted with all aspects of a great club championship day
Various prizes, discounts and treats will also be on offer.
For more information call the sports park on 01707 331056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org