Arrests after raid on Welwyn Garden City cannabis factory
A COUPLE from WGC were arrested after police raided a suspected cannabis factory. Officers found a 'significant' amount of cannabis after searching the home, in Maidenfield. A 47-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of
A COUPLE from WGC were arrested after police raided a suspected cannabis factory.
Officers found a "significant" amount of cannabis after searching the home, in Maidenfield.
A 47-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of possessing a Class B drug. They were bailed until September.
The raid, as part of Operation Bonanza, took place on Wednesday last week.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Steph Morris, of the WGC neighbourhood team, said: "We will not tolerate drug use in WGC and will take robust action against offenders.
"If anyone has information about drugs use, I would urge them to call police on the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Captain Tom inspires little Zach to raise money for the NHS
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation