Arrests after raid on Welwyn Garden City cannabis factory
A COUPLE from WGC were arrested after police raided a suspected cannabis factory. Officers found a 'significant' amount of cannabis after searching the home, in Maidenfield. A 47-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of
A COUPLE from WGC were arrested after police raided a suspected cannabis factory.
Officers found a "significant" amount of cannabis after searching the home, in Maidenfield.
A 47-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of possessing a Class B drug. They were bailed until September.
The raid, as part of Operation Bonanza, took place on Wednesday last week.
Sgt Steph Morris, of the WGC neighbourhood team, said: "We will not tolerate drug use in WGC and will take robust action against offenders.
"If anyone has information about drugs use, I would urge them to call police on the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Primary school drops to 'inadequate' Ofsted rating five years after 'Good' score
- 2 Older woman assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 4 QEII Hospital to receive million pound investment
- 5 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 6 Where you can get a walk-in booster or vaccine this weekend
- 7 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 8 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 9 Planning inquiry to determine quarry plans for Hatfield Aerodrome closes
- 10 MP Oliver Dowden reacts to Downing Street 'party'