Arrests after drug raids in Welwyn Garden City
THREE people were arrested in drug raids in WGC, after police were tipped of by residents. Houses in Northway, Mill Green Lane and Ludwick Way were searched by officers in the early hours of yesterday (Monday). Inspector Ian Grout said: Acting on informa
THREE people were arrested in drug raids in WGC, after police were tipped of by residents.
Houses in Northway, Mill Green Lane and Ludwick Way were searched by officers in the early hours of yesterday (Monday).
Inspector Ian Grout said: "Acting on information from members of the public, the WGC neighbourhood team carried out three drugs warrants."
A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
And a man and woman from Ludwick Way were both given warnings after being found in possession of cannabis.
"We need residents to let us know if there are any suspicious activities in your street," Insp Grout said. "Let your neighbourhood officer or PCSO know and we will investigate it further and arrest anyone intent on disrupting the community.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
"WGC has excellent Neighbourhood Watch coverage - if your street is not involved, please consider joining," he added.
For further Neighbourhood Watch information, contact Christel Anslow on 01707 806801 or firstname.lastname@example.org