Arrests after drug raids in Welwyn Garden City
THREE people were arrested in drug raids in WGC, after police were tipped of by residents. Houses in Northway, Mill Green Lane and Ludwick Way were searched by officers in the early hours of yesterday (Monday). Inspector Ian Grout said: Acting on informa
THREE people were arrested in drug raids in WGC, after police were tipped of by residents.
Houses in Northway, Mill Green Lane and Ludwick Way were searched by officers in the early hours of yesterday (Monday).
Inspector Ian Grout said: "Acting on information from members of the public, the WGC neighbourhood team carried out three drugs warrants."
A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
And a man and woman from Ludwick Way were both given warnings after being found in possession of cannabis.
"We need residents to let us know if there are any suspicious activities in your street," Insp Grout said. "Let your neighbourhood officer or PCSO know and we will investigate it further and arrest anyone intent on disrupting the community.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
"WGC has excellent Neighbourhood Watch coverage - if your street is not involved, please consider joining," he added.
For further Neighbourhood Watch information, contact Christel Anslow on 01707 806801 or email@example.com