Arrests after drug raids in Welwyn Garden City
THREE people were arrested in drug raids in WGC, after police were tipped of by residents. Houses in Northway, Mill Green Lane and Ludwick Way were searched by officers in the early hours of yesterday (Monday). Inspector Ian Grout said: Acting on informa
THREE people were arrested in drug raids in WGC, after police were tipped of by residents.
Houses in Northway, Mill Green Lane and Ludwick Way were searched by officers in the early hours of yesterday (Monday).
Inspector Ian Grout said: "Acting on information from members of the public, the WGC neighbourhood team carried out three drugs warrants."
A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
And a man and woman from Ludwick Way were both given warnings after being found in possession of cannabis.
"We need residents to let us know if there are any suspicious activities in your street," Insp Grout said. "Let your neighbourhood officer or PCSO know and we will investigate it further and arrest anyone intent on disrupting the community.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 8 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 9 What time will the election results come in?
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
"WGC has excellent Neighbourhood Watch coverage - if your street is not involved, please consider joining," he added.
For further Neighbourhood Watch information, contact Christel Anslow on 01707 806801 or firstname.lastname@example.org