Arrest after A414 crash
A MAN has been arrested after a crash on the A414 that left three people in hospital.
Police said a 42-year-old man from Hertford was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after the crash on Friday morning, which led to the road being closed both ways between Cole Green and Hertingfordbury for five hours.
He was bailed until October.
The accident happened at around 7.40am, when a silver Peugeot 106 heading towards Hatfield crossed the central reservation and was in collision with a blue Mercedes heading in the opposite direction.
The Mercedes driver was taken to the London Royal Free Hospital in Whitechapel, where his condition on Friday was described to be critical.
You may also want to watch:
Two other people, a man and a woman travelling in the Peugeot, were taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC with serious injuries.
Police are still appealing for witnesses to come forward following the crash.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Call Hertfordshire Constabulary on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.