Armed police hunt gunmen in Welwyn Garden City
TWO poachers were being hunted by police today (Sunday) after being spotted with a gun.
Officers were scouring the area around Panshanger Golf Course in WGC this afternoon.
The police helicopter and armed officers from the force’s county-wide team were scrambled towards Herns Lane and the B1000 at around 4pm.
One eyewitnesses told the Welwyn Hatfield Times a man and a teenager both wearing camouflage gear emerged from the bushes towards the B1000, with an air rifle.
A police spokesman said: “There were a couple of lads with an air rifle trying to shot some ducks.
You may also want to watch:
“We went down to look for them.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street