Armed police hunt gunmen in Welwyn Garden City
TWO poachers were being hunted by police today (Sunday) after being spotted with a gun.
Officers were scouring the area around Panshanger Golf Course in WGC this afternoon.
The police helicopter and armed officers from the force’s county-wide team were scrambled towards Herns Lane and the B1000 at around 4pm.
One eyewitnesses told the Welwyn Hatfield Times a man and a teenager both wearing camouflage gear emerged from the bushes towards the B1000, with an air rifle.
A police spokesman said: “There were a couple of lads with an air rifle trying to shot some ducks.
You may also want to watch:
“We went down to look for them.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals