Armed police hunt gunmen in Welwyn Garden City
TWO poachers were being hunted by police today (Sunday) after being spotted with a gun.
Officers were scouring the area around Panshanger Golf Course in WGC this afternoon.
The police helicopter and armed officers from the force’s county-wide team were scrambled towards Herns Lane and the B1000 at around 4pm.
One eyewitnesses told the Welwyn Hatfield Times a man and a teenager both wearing camouflage gear emerged from the bushes towards the B1000, with an air rifle.
A police spokesman said: “There were a couple of lads with an air rifle trying to shot some ducks.
You may also want to watch:
“We went down to look for them.”
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone