Armed gang steal historic gold coins and jewels
A GANG of raiders armed with a knife and metal bar broke into a quiet country house and stole gold coins dating back to the 18th century and priceless jewellery.
Valuable guineas, double sovereigns and a gold five pound coin were taken, along with items of jewellery, including family heirlooms and one-off custom-made pieces.
The gang of four men forced their way into the house in Kentish Lane, Brookmans Park, just before 10pm last Wednesday, through the back door.
Inside, they threatened the man and woman who were in the property at the time with the weapons, and demanded they direct them to their valuables.
The burglars swiped the coins and jewellery, before fleeing.
You may also want to watch:
* For more on this story, including details of what was taken, see the Welwyn Hatfield Times, out today (Wednesday).
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM