Armed gang steal historic gold coins and jewels
A GANG of raiders armed with a knife and metal bar broke into a quiet country house and stole gold coins dating back to the 18th century and priceless jewellery.
Valuable guineas, double sovereigns and a gold five pound coin were taken, along with items of jewellery, including family heirlooms and one-off custom-made pieces.
The gang of four men forced their way into the house in Kentish Lane, Brookmans Park, just before 10pm last Wednesday, through the back door.
Inside, they threatened the man and woman who were in the property at the time with the weapons, and demanded they direct them to their valuables.
The burglars swiped the coins and jewellery, before fleeing.
You may also want to watch:
* For more on this story, including details of what was taken, see the Welwyn Hatfield Times, out today (Wednesday).
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images