Appeal for volunteers as Hatfield charity shop gets ready to open
A CHARITY is opening a new shop in the Galleria this weekend – and is calling for volunteers to help man it.
WGC-based Isabel Hospice will be throwing open the doors to its new store, its 15th in total, at the Hatfield outlet centre on Saturday.
And if you can spare a few hours to lend a hand, the hospice wants to hear from you.
A spokeswoman said: “It’s a fabulous location on the ground floor, a big light shop with glass on three sides.
“If anyone can volunteer to help in the shop once it is open, even just a few hours a week, their time would be much appreciated.”
You may also want to watch:
Staff will receive some training from Hannah Price. Hannah is a visual merchandiser at the Oxford Street branch of John Lewis, and is currently on secondment to the hospice.
The spokeswoman added: “She is currently fitting out the new store with donated shelving, glass plinths and dummies from John Lewis, and will be training volunteers and staff on the art of window dressing!”
- 1 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 2 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 3 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 4 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 7 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 8 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
The shop will be open 10am to 6pm Mondays to Saturdays, and 11am to 5pm on Sundays. If you want to volunteer, call the hospice on 01707 382500.