Antique furniture stolen from Brookmans Park home
BURGLARS stole large pieces of expensive antique furniture from a home in Brookmans Park while the owners were away. They broke into the property on George's Wood Road and took six items of furniture, including an oak dresser, dining table and drinks
BURGLARS stole large pieces of expensive antique furniture from a home in Brookmans Park while the owners were away.
They broke into the property on George's Wood Road and took six items of furniture, including an oak dresser, dining table and drinks cabinet.
The thieves gained access to the property through an unlocked gate into the back garden, and once there, forced a window.
Police have appealed for anyone with information on the burglary, which took place between Thursday, March 26 and Saturday, April 12, to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
At the same time they reminded homeowners to ensure their property is secure before going out.
Pc Ross Freeman said: "I would be interested to hear from members of the public who may have seen any suspicious activity in the local area between the dates given.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
"Did anyone see someone leaving the property with the items of furniture or see a large, out of place vehicle in the area?
"I would also ask anyone to get in touch if they have been offered items of antique furniture for sale."
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.