Another winning golf day for Welwyn Garden City hospice
A TEE-MENDOUS amount of cash was raised for charity as golfers battled it out for the 15th Isabel Hospice Challenge Cup.
Twenty teams took part in the event, staged at WGC Golf Club in Mannicotts, raising �6,000 for the hospice.
The trophy was won by Ware-based Mercedes-Benz dealership Simon Light with a score of 124 points, ahead of John Lavery on 121 points, and Gaelics plus One a point further behind.
There was a putting competition, too, sponsored by Hatfield-based firm Eisai Pharmaceuticals, where the winner received a �50 voucher for the pro shop and a bottle of Champagne.
Hospice corporate fundraiser Julie North said: “It was great to see so many teams enjoying themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“The day, which was supported by Beechwood Financial Services and Eisai Pharmaceuticals, would not have run so smoothly without the fantastic support of all the WGC Golf Club, the players, and our volunteers, in particular Larry Woods.
“We had some great auction prizes including a race car day, provided by Rachel Green and Tom from Team GBR of the British Touring Cars, a family sailing day and a garden design.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say