Another terrier mauled by husky in Welwyn Garden City
AFTER reading about a vicious dog attack in WGC in last week’s WHT, another dog owner has come forward claiming the same husky attacked her dog too.
Last week we told how Patricia Parkin’s terrier Stella was set upon by a husky in Chequers.
Now Michelle Bakewell, 40, of Peartree Lane, has spoken of her dog’s ordeal.
She was walking her Jack Russell terrier Sam in Chequers – where Stella was attacked – around eight weeks ago, when a husky “bounded over” and began savagely mauling him.
She told the WHT: “It’s going to happen again or it could be a child next time.”
You may also want to watch:
And she revealed that before the attacks on two Jack Russells the rogue husky had attacked bigger dogs too and had “gone for” her friend’s German Shepherd.
Mrs Bakewell was left with a vet’s bill of �600 after Sam suffered six or seven puncture wounds to his legs, back and front. He was also left wearing a protective cone-like collar.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 9 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
She said the vet told her some of the gashes were very near one of his main arteries.
But she said the owner of the dog showed little concern, other than to weakly say “sorry” a week or so after the attack.
She added: “I did confront this woman about it and said it [the dog] needs to be muzzled, but she’s not done anything about it.”