Another terrier mauled by husky in Welwyn Garden City
AFTER reading about a vicious dog attack in WGC in last week’s WHT, another dog owner has come forward claiming the same husky attacked her dog too.
Last week we told how Patricia Parkin’s terrier Stella was set upon by a husky in Chequers.
Now Michelle Bakewell, 40, of Peartree Lane, has spoken of her dog’s ordeal.
She was walking her Jack Russell terrier Sam in Chequers – where Stella was attacked – around eight weeks ago, when a husky “bounded over” and began savagely mauling him.
She told the WHT: “It’s going to happen again or it could be a child next time.”
You may also want to watch:
And she revealed that before the attacks on two Jack Russells the rogue husky had attacked bigger dogs too and had “gone for” her friend’s German Shepherd.
Mrs Bakewell was left with a vet’s bill of �600 after Sam suffered six or seven puncture wounds to his legs, back and front. He was also left wearing a protective cone-like collar.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 8 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
She said the vet told her some of the gashes were very near one of his main arteries.
But she said the owner of the dog showed little concern, other than to weakly say “sorry” a week or so after the attack.
She added: “I did confront this woman about it and said it [the dog] needs to be muzzled, but she’s not done anything about it.”