Another shop closes in Potters Bar
YESTERDAY, yet another shop opened its doors for the last time in Potters Bar.
Diva Shoes, which has been based in The Broadway since August 2002, closed for good on Saturday.
The business, which specialised in low priced footwear and handbags, has another store in Bethnal Green, east London, which will remain open.
It will also continue to sell its wares online.
It currently remains unclear as to whether the store in Potters Bar will be left vacant; although rumours suggest that a trophy shop could be set to open in its place.
You may also want to watch:
Since autumn 2009, a number of shops in Darkes Lane and The Broadway have closed, including L Wren Jewellers, Tally Ho Cameras and Buy The Book.
This has, in turn, raised fears among traders that the town’s main street is in terminal decline.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 8 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust