Another shop closes in Potters Bar
YESTERDAY, yet another shop opened its doors for the last time in Potters Bar.
Diva Shoes, which has been based in The Broadway since August 2002, closed for good on Saturday.
The business, which specialised in low priced footwear and handbags, has another store in Bethnal Green, east London, which will remain open.
It will also continue to sell its wares online.
It currently remains unclear as to whether the store in Potters Bar will be left vacant; although rumours suggest that a trophy shop could be set to open in its place.
You may also want to watch:
Since autumn 2009, a number of shops in Darkes Lane and The Broadway have closed, including L Wren Jewellers, Tally Ho Cameras and Buy The Book.
This has, in turn, raised fears among traders that the town’s main street is in terminal decline.
- 1 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 2 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 3 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 4 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 8 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 9 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 10 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?