Anger of Hatfield man who can’t park in his own garage
IF YOU pay �45 a month for a garage you would expect to be able to use it, right?
For Hatfield resident James Barnes, using his garage has turned into a bit of a nightmare.
The 29-year-old hasn’t been able to use his lock-up, located 500 yards from his Hillfield home, on evenings and weekends for months, as a van keeps being parked in front of it.
He told the WHT: “My family have had the garage for 32 years and we have rarely had any problems with it, until now.
You may also want to watch:
“We nicely asked the van driver to not park in front of the garage but basically he still is.
“He is being awkward.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Having contacted Welwyn Hatfield Council numerous times about the issue, Mr Barnes, who lives with his parents Michael and Doreen both aged 62, is furious nothing has been done to rectify his complaint.
“We are paying for a garage we can’t even use,” he said.
“This issue has been reported to the council five or six times in six months but nothing has been done.
“It’s like they can’t, or won’t, do anything.”
The Asda shop worker added: “We are fed up with it all now.
“We have a garage we can’t use and this issue needs to be resolved.”
A council spokeswoman said: “We will be in touch with Mr Barnes and attempt to contact the person who is blocking his garage to try and resolve the situation.
“Mr Barnes has contacted the council to request an alternative garage, but unfortunately there are none available in the locations he has requested.
“He has refused another block in Hillfield and has been placed on the priority list.”