Allegations made against Welwyn Hatfield councillor
ALLEGATIONS made against a borough councillor are being examined by Welwyn Hatfield Council. Sara Johnston, who is also seeking election to Hertfordshire County Council tomorrow, is the subject of allegations made by her former husband Peter
ALLEGATIONS made against a borough councillor are being examined by Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Sara Johnston, who is also seeking election to Hertfordshire County Council tomorrow, is the subject of allegations made by her former husband Peter Johnston.
A spokeswoman said: "The council is conducting preliminary investigation of the following allegations made against councillor Sara Johnston:
* Using her council position to get free legal assistance.
You may also want to watch:
* Undeclared interest on the cabinet housing panel.
* Making false statements on her council housing application.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
* Living out of area, but holding onto a council house.
* Failure to declare earnings to the Department of Work and Pensions.
"This information has been passed to officers to investigate appropriately."
Cllr Johnston, of Dawley, WGC, said: "These claims from my former husband are completely unfair and unfounded.
"I really look forward to the result of any investigation so that we can put this very upsetting time behind us.
"I'm completely confident these allegations will be thrown out.