Allegations made against Welwyn Hatfield councillor
ALLEGATIONS made against a borough councillor are being examined by Welwyn Hatfield Council. Sara Johnston, who is also seeking election to Hertfordshire County Council tomorrow, is the subject of allegations made by her former husband Peter
ALLEGATIONS made against a borough councillor are being examined by Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Sara Johnston, who is also seeking election to Hertfordshire County Council tomorrow, is the subject of allegations made by her former husband Peter Johnston.
A spokeswoman said: "The council is conducting preliminary investigation of the following allegations made against councillor Sara Johnston:
* Using her council position to get free legal assistance.
You may also want to watch:
* Undeclared interest on the cabinet housing panel.
* Making false statements on her council housing application.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
* Living out of area, but holding onto a council house.
* Failure to declare earnings to the Department of Work and Pensions.
"This information has been passed to officers to investigate appropriately."
Cllr Johnston, of Dawley, WGC, said: "These claims from my former husband are completely unfair and unfounded.
"I really look forward to the result of any investigation so that we can put this very upsetting time behind us.
"I'm completely confident these allegations will be thrown out.