Allegations made against Welwyn Hatfield councillor
ALLEGATIONS made against a borough councillor are being examined by Welwyn Hatfield Council. Sara Johnston, who is also seeking election to Hertfordshire County Council tomorrow, is the subject of allegations made by her former husband Peter
ALLEGATIONS made against a borough councillor are being examined by Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Sara Johnston, who is also seeking election to Hertfordshire County Council tomorrow, is the subject of allegations made by her former husband Peter Johnston.
A spokeswoman said: "The council is conducting preliminary investigation of the following allegations made against councillor Sara Johnston:
* Using her council position to get free legal assistance.
You may also want to watch:
* Undeclared interest on the cabinet housing panel.
* Making false statements on her council housing application.
- 1 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 2 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 5 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Father reveals 'toll' his infertility took on his mental health while trying to have a baby
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
* Living out of area, but holding onto a council house.
* Failure to declare earnings to the Department of Work and Pensions.
"This information has been passed to officers to investigate appropriately."
Cllr Johnston, of Dawley, WGC, said: "These claims from my former husband are completely unfair and unfounded.
"I really look forward to the result of any investigation so that we can put this very upsetting time behind us.
"I'm completely confident these allegations will be thrown out.