Allegations made against Welwyn Hatfield councillor
ALLEGATIONS made against a borough councillor are being examined by Welwyn Hatfield Council. Sara Johnston, who is also seeking election to Hertfordshire County Council tomorrow, is the subject of allegations made by her former husband Peter
ALLEGATIONS made against a borough councillor are being examined by Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Sara Johnston, who is also seeking election to Hertfordshire County Council tomorrow, is the subject of allegations made by her former husband Peter Johnston.
A spokeswoman said: "The council is conducting preliminary investigation of the following allegations made against councillor Sara Johnston:
* Using her council position to get free legal assistance.
You may also want to watch:
* Undeclared interest on the cabinet housing panel.
* Making false statements on her council housing application.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
* Living out of area, but holding onto a council house.
* Failure to declare earnings to the Department of Work and Pensions.
"This information has been passed to officers to investigate appropriately."
Cllr Johnston, of Dawley, WGC, said: "These claims from my former husband are completely unfair and unfounded.
"I really look forward to the result of any investigation so that we can put this very upsetting time behind us.
"I'm completely confident these allegations will be thrown out.