All things rosy at Knebworth stately home
VIBRANT pink roses have been presented to Knebworth House by youngsters to mark ongoing celebrations of a centenary of girlguiding.
Two special-edition bright pink Harnova Roses were passed on to Martha Lytton Cobbold, managing director of the stately home, who said it was an honour to home the plants.
She said: “We are delighted and honoured to add these vibrant roses to our collection.
“The Lytton Cobbold family has been actively involved with local guiding over the last century. Lady Hermione Cobbold was a great supporter and she would have been thrilled to have the Centenary Roses in her gardens.
“The park has also played host to numerous camps and guiding events over the years.”
You may also want to watch:
To see the roses at Knebworth House and Gardens next season log on to www.knebworthhouse.co.uk or to purchase some for yourself visit Harkness Roses, on Cambridge Road, Hitchin or www.roses.co.uk
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game