All things rosy at Knebworth stately home
VIBRANT pink roses have been presented to Knebworth House by youngsters to mark ongoing celebrations of a centenary of girlguiding.
Two special-edition bright pink Harnova Roses were passed on to Martha Lytton Cobbold, managing director of the stately home, who said it was an honour to home the plants.
She said: “We are delighted and honoured to add these vibrant roses to our collection.
“The Lytton Cobbold family has been actively involved with local guiding over the last century. Lady Hermione Cobbold was a great supporter and she would have been thrilled to have the Centenary Roses in her gardens.
“The park has also played host to numerous camps and guiding events over the years.”
You may also want to watch:
To see the roses at Knebworth House and Gardens next season log on to www.knebworthhouse.co.uk or to purchase some for yourself visit Harkness Roses, on Cambridge Road, Hitchin or www.roses.co.uk
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 6 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth