All things rosy at Knebworth stately home
VIBRANT pink roses have been presented to Knebworth House by youngsters to mark ongoing celebrations of a centenary of girlguiding.
Two special-edition bright pink Harnova Roses were passed on to Martha Lytton Cobbold, managing director of the stately home, who said it was an honour to home the plants.
She said: “We are delighted and honoured to add these vibrant roses to our collection.
“The Lytton Cobbold family has been actively involved with local guiding over the last century. Lady Hermione Cobbold was a great supporter and she would have been thrilled to have the Centenary Roses in her gardens.
“The park has also played host to numerous camps and guiding events over the years.”
You may also want to watch:
To see the roses at Knebworth House and Gardens next season log on to www.knebworthhouse.co.uk or to purchase some for yourself visit Harkness Roses, on Cambridge Road, Hitchin or www.roses.co.uk
- 1 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 2 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 5 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 Father reveals 'toll' his infertility took on his mental health while trying to have a baby
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules