All things rosy at Knebworth stately home
VIBRANT pink roses have been presented to Knebworth House by youngsters to mark ongoing celebrations of a centenary of girlguiding.
Two special-edition bright pink Harnova Roses were passed on to Martha Lytton Cobbold, managing director of the stately home, who said it was an honour to home the plants.
She said: “We are delighted and honoured to add these vibrant roses to our collection.
“The Lytton Cobbold family has been actively involved with local guiding over the last century. Lady Hermione Cobbold was a great supporter and she would have been thrilled to have the Centenary Roses in her gardens.
“The park has also played host to numerous camps and guiding events over the years.”
You may also want to watch:
To see the roses at Knebworth House and Gardens next season log on to www.knebworthhouse.co.uk or to purchase some for yourself visit Harkness Roses, on Cambridge Road, Hitchin or www.roses.co.uk
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week